Family Event Release, Waiver of Liability, Photo Release and Indemnity Agreement
You must read and agree to this Release of Liability Form before registering for the event. If you do not agree to this Release of Liability Form, your registration will be canceled.
In consideration of being permitted to attend GameSchoolCon, and on behalf of myself and my minor children as well as any minor children attending with me and identified on my registration form (collectively “Participants”), I hereby:
1. Agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless Blind Chicken Enterprises LLC, DBA GameSchoolCon, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents (collectively "GameSchoolCon") from any liability, loss, damage or cost that may occur or be incurred due to the Participants' participation in GameSchoolCon Events;
2. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue GameSchoolCon from all liability to Participants for any loss or damages, and any claim or demands on account of injury to or resulting in death of Participants, whether caused by the negligence of GameSchoolCon or of any other person;
3. Assume full responsibility for and risk of bodily injury or death, whether due to the negligence of GameSchoolCon or otherwise. I expressly acknowledge and understand that accidents and injuries may occur while at GameSchoolCon Events and expressly assume all of the risks due to the negligence of GameSchoolCon and any others participating or contributing to GameSchoolCon Events;
4. Expressly agree, permit and assume the risk of any medical treatment which may be rendered and agree to expressly release and indemnify GameSchoolCon from any liability for providing, or failing to provide, any emergency medical treatment;
5. I understand that I am solely responsible for the welfare and safety of myself and my minor children or any minor children accompanying me to GameSchoolCon Events, and I agree to supervise my minor children or any minor children accompanying me to GameSchoolCon events, and that GameSchoolCon shall have no obligation to supervise Participants or any other individuals attending GameSchoolCon Events. I further understand that GameSchoolCon will not provide insurance for Participants at GameSchoolCon Events, and that Participants' personal insurance will apply;
6. I agree to help encourage a safe and respectful atmosphere at GameSchoolCon Events by discussing with my family the responsibilities of being in a group that consists of a variety of ages -- young children, teens and adults. I agree to refrain from engaging in illegal activities of any kind, and I understand that I am solely responsible for the activities of myself and my minor children and any minor children accompanying me to GameSchoolCon Events;
7. I understand that both Participants and professional photographers and videographers often take photos and video during GameSchoolCon Events, including GameSchoolCon's volunteers, staff, and official photographers. I hereby grant and authorize the right to take, edit, alter, copy, publish, exhibit, distribute, and make use of any and all pictures or video taken of me and my children to be used on GameSchoolCon’s website, on related websites, and in GameSchoolCon publications and promotional materials, including, but not limited to, newsletters, flyers, posters, brochures, advertisements, annual reports, press kits and submissions to journalists, websites, social networking sites and other print and digital communications, without payment or any other consideration. This authorization extends to all languages, media, formats and markets now known or hereafter devised. This authorization shall continue indefinitely, unless I otherwise revoke said authorization in writing.
I further expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of California, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.